Tax Questions? We Are Here to Help.

Revolution and Tenth House are required to start charging sales tax on July 1, 2019 to states that have enacted Economic Nexus Laws. 

How does this affect me?

Do you already charge your customers sales tax for dancewear and costumes?

           Yes. Make sure you are registered with your state as a re-seller. They should have                       provided you with an exempt certificate. Submit that certificate to us (see submission                 process below) and you will not be charged sales tax on your purchases with us.

           No. No worries! You have two options:

                     – Option 1: Pay sales tax. Starting July 1st you will pay sales tax on purchases at                              Revolution and Tenth House. 

                     – Option 2: Apply for a re-seller certificate with your state. Once received, submit                            to us (see submission process below) and you will not pay sales tax. 

We understand this is new and you may have further questions. Please see below for FAQs, and contact your accountant to answer any additional or specific questions you may have!

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Submission Process: Do you have a re-seller certificate? If so, please make sure the following fields are populated correctly. If not, apply for a certificate by simply filling out an application with your state:

            – Your Name

            – Company Address

            – Customer ID#

            – Signature/Title

You will receive an automated email from either, if you reside in California, or accountservices@revolutiondance.comif you reside in another state. The subject of this email is: Request for sales tax resale/exemption certificates

            – Click the URL in the email

            – Follow instructions (note: you can skip account set-up)

            – Submit certificate

*if you did not receive the automated email, please send a request to have it resent to

Are you already a non-profit/501c3? While you have tax exempt business status, you will still need to submit your certificate or business documentation.

Is your studio in Canada? This is only applicable to specific states in the U.S.

My state doesn’t charge sales tax. You are in luck, you have nothing to worry about.

Do you sell Dancewear and or Costumes through Nimbly? You are in luck, we take care of everything for you. The customer pays sales tax at checkout and we handle the rest.

What about dancewear or costumes required as a uniform? Are they taxed? Please contact your accountant, each state has different rules and regulations.

If you have additional questions:

1. Please call our customer service team at 800-794-0205

2. Email us at